‘The MDA Mission is to provide support and hope as an organisation to the MD community whilst being recognised as the pre-eminent agency working with MD and Neuromuscular Disorders (NMD). We strive to achieve our ideals to provide comfort and hope to those we care about by converting goals, dreams and aspirations into reality.
Objectives that derive from the MDA Mission are:
- Providing support, assistance and information for individuals and their families;
- Helping people with neuromuscular disorders to develop and maintain an independent lifestyle;
- Encouraging and funding appropriate research to seek the cause, cure and treatment of neuromuscular disorders;
- Fostering public awareness of these disorders; and
- Limiting artificial barriers which deny equal opportunity to individuals with disabilities.’